The stock firmware of the Nano receiver and TX module manufactured by our company is ELRS V1.0.0-RC5 (the fifth release candidate version); ELRS Innovative team has officially released the first major version V1.0.0 on 17th July. High recommend to upgrade the TX modules and receivers' to the newest major version.
The major version V1.0.0 has several updates to BETAFPV Nano TX module and receiver：
● 2.4G Nano TX Module supports 500Hz refresh rate.
● Short press the button on the Nano module 3 times to get into the binding status.
1. TX module and receiver have to be in the same ELRS version, otherwise, the binding will fail.
2. TX module does NOT support upgrade via WiFi. Please use the ExpressLRS Configurator to upgrade the firmware.
There are two ways to flash ExpressLRS, via WiFi or ExpressLRS Configurator. The recommended way is to use ExpressLRS Configurator. Here is the manual for pilots to flash the firmware to the BETAFPV TX module and reciever via ExpressLRS Configurator.
Install ExpressLRS Configurator
Download the latest ExpressLRS Configurator application for your platform. Install ExpressLRS Configurator and open it.
We use the Betaflight passthrough function to flash the ELRS receiver. Please follow the steps below one by one.
Step1：Preparing for Passthrough Flashing
Make sure that your FC is wired with ERLS receiver correctly as show below. Connect Rx to a Tx pad on the FC and Tx to an Rx pad on the FC. Don't forget to also wire up 5V and GND.
Connect this FC to USB and configure the FC firmware via Betaflight Configurator as shown in section "Serial RX Setup" and "Protocol".
Step2：Flashing via Passthrough
Now close the betaflight Configurator. Connect this FC to USB and open the ExpressLRS Configurator.
Please select the corresponding target and set your firmware options in ExpressLRS Configurator as shown below (take the 2.4G version for example).
Then click Build and Flash. For first time flashing/updating, it would normally take a while. A Success message will be shown once the process is complete.
Note: The operation to upgrade the firmware of built-in ELRS 2.4G receiver for F4 1S 12A AIO Brushless Flight Controller is the same as above. Pay attention to use the stock cli of this FC board to preparing for passthrouth flashing. Here is the Youtube manual for you.
Flash TX Module
Attach a USB Data Cable to ELRS TX module and Computer. Windows users might have to install CP210x Drivers to ensure the device is properly detected and initialized.
Please select the corresponding target and set your firmware options in ExpressLRS Configurator as shown below (use the 2.4G version TX module for example).
Hit Build & Flash. Wait for the process to finish, and you should be greeted with the "Success" message.
Note： TX module does NOT support upgrade via WiFi. Please use the ExpressLRS Configurator to upgrade the firmware, as show above.
Note: Please download the driver if you fail to choose a relative serial port during the flash process.
Here is the Youtube manual to upgrade the TX module.
- Turn off the Telemetry option is highly recommended for passthrough flashing on ELRS receiver or F4 1S 12A AIO board with built-in ELRS receiver.
If the firmware in the receiver is corrupted (AKA soft bricked), press the button on the receiver, then power on. Now you could release the button and flash via passthrough.
- The ExpressLRS Configurator works on the highest serial baud rate 460800. High recommend using the USB port from the mainboard directly on desktop computer, usually on the back of the computer case. The front pannel USB port could not provide stable connection in such high baud rate as usual.
- If you still could not flash the firmware, please open the module case first, then press the button and connect the module to the computer next. Now you could release the button and try again.