Please well note that the maximum firmware you can use by SMO 360 is 1.2.64 before the new firmware version or Mobile APP released by Insta 360, if you can't use WIFI after upgrading Insta ONE R V1.3.8 firmware. But the camera will lose the beep function in 1.2.64. So BETAFPV highly recommends you flash 1.2.18 for a better user experience.
Note: V1.3.8 and V1.2.64 are not supported by SMO 360. And both of the firmware is not released on SMO 360 page.
Step for reverting firmware version:
1. Enter Insta 360 official website- click the downloads interface - click Insta360 ONE R.
2. Download the 1.2.64 firmware version under the current interface or historical version page.
3. When the backup of the camera TF card was finished, please copy the downloaded “bin” file to the root directory of the camera TF card (named Insta360OneRFW.bin. Please do remember to delete the old “bin” file and do not modify the firmware file name. Otherwise, the upgrade procedure will not be done successfully since the system can not recognize the firmware automatically under that case), and exit in safe mode after the above steps final.
4. Plug the TF card into SMO 360 card slot under 1.3.8 firmware, start the SMO 360 camera. The blue light turns on and on turns off after camera is turned on, then waiting for 30 seconds the blue light is always on showing the camera is flashing firmware.
5. When the indicator light turns to solid cyan, it means that the downgrade is successful
6. Connect the mobile APP to the SMO 360 camera, and confirm the current firmware version is 1.2.64/1.2.18 in the settings.
- It takes about 1-2 minutes in the entire upgrade/revert procedure, please ensure the power supply will not be discontinuous.
- Please make a backup of your data before the upgrade/revert procedure. If you find any abnormality like blue light flashes abnormally during the above operation, please format the TF card and repeat steps 3-6.